background

2.8.12

Mexico: the friends

So there is just no way that I can sum up the whole Mexico trip into one post so I have decided to post is it small posts :)

For my first installment I will be writing about......you guessed it!!! FRIENDS!

The best part of Mexico, for me, was the people. Every person we encountered was so welcoming and hospitable! The people at our church, Palabra de Vida, were so filled with the love of God! Here's a little bit about them. Their church is only one year old. In fact, their one year anniversary was the day we left Mexico. They have been meeting in a little house in Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, Mexico.

The church has land close by but the city will not let them build a church. They are only allowed to build a house, so they have to sell the land and find new land that they can build on. It was so encouraging to see how despite their lack of space, they still had a good attitude and even though people were standing outside during the church service on Sunday morning they stayed and never complained. How often do we get cranky during church because the temperature isn't how we like it or we don't want to shuttle park because it's too far? Anyway, people at the church were so incredible!
Here is a picture of the Missouri team and the team from Palabra de Vida! Everyone is so loving and I just really hope that some day we can come back. Leaving on Friday was so hard!!!

This family was THE SWEETEST!!! Jorge was the music director/youth minister of their church and his wife, Pati, was the cutest thing! Their family is so cute and they love the Lord so much! I pray that they are so blessed! They even learned some English while we were there so we could communicate!!!

On the right is Liz, our pastor's daughter and next to her, her friend Sheila. We had great times with them!! It was cool to see two young people so dedicated to serving God in their church!

Anyway, during the trip I felt like I made a lot of friends. My camera is kinda crappy so it died a lot. I didn't get pictures of the people from Sunday (Ernesto, Juan Carlos, or Lupita) or Friday (Alberto, Genesis, Fanny, or the three hilarious girls that we sat with), but I am friends with them all on Facebook and we have talked! Which is the coolest thing ever! To be able to talk to friends from another country (with the help of Google Translator of course!) The love they all have for using their talents for God is so amazing to me and a lot of times I take that for granted.

On the subject of friends, while we were in Mexico my bestest friend in the whole wide world got saved and now we really will spend FOREVER with each other!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D I could not be more happy for her! God has been doing big things in her life lately and I'm so proud of her!

Also, I got closer to a lot of my friends from church and am so thankful for those friendships that are truly based on God! God has really blessed me by putting me in the Broadway college class! If you are looking for a place to get plugged in and serve God, Broadway is a great place to start!!!! :D

Anyway, the hour is late and I'm tired. Tomorrow is school supply shopping! I have so much more to tell everyone, but I must cut it short tonight!

Adiós!!!

No comments: