So I started reading this book about dating and in the first chapter it talks about how to get a life. In one part it talks about how to have your own goals. Here's how to start. Ask yourself, "Whith what areas in my life am I dissatisfied?" or "What do I really want in my life?" Then with the answers you make your goals. Goals must be three things in order to be succesful: Specific, Measurable, and Attainable. Then, after writing your goals, make a mission statement and read/review them daily. These are great tips that I intend to use! So with the new school year coming, there are some things that I would like to change.
School Goals:
1. I want to become more organized and manage my time better. I will write a schedule for myself and stick to it. I will not let clutter rule my life and will keep things clean, so I can focus on school more. By the end of the semester I want to have all A's which will bring my GPA up to 3.9558.
2. I want to be finished with my shadowing experiences by Thanksgiving. I have about 80 hours left to complete and I want to have it all lined up by the beginning of September. This will keep me on track with my pre-med stuff.
Financial Goals:
1. I am the world's worst budgeter. I just finished reading "The Money Answer Book" by Dave Ramsey and it talks about the importance of having a budget and keeping it. Also he says that our priorities should be to pay Tithes, Savings, then bills. I don't always put them in that order and I hardly ever save. My goal is to budget the next three months and stick to it and by Christmas have $200 in savings from my own paychecks (not loan refunds).
2. I also want to use my refund to pay some principal on my car. That way I can pay off my car by the time I graduate.
Spiritual Goals:
1. I want to read the Bible every day. This one is pretty self explanatory. It's hard to put a number on a goal like this, but I know that if I can do it everything else will fall into place.
Mission Statement:
I will use God's word and plans for my life to reduce stress caused by clutter and ill budgeted finances and create a life that glorifies God and is financially and educationally stable.
Well, that's that! This post is mainly just for me, but I hope it encourages you to make goals too! You can only achieve your goals if you know what they are!!
No comments:
Post a Comment