background

9.6.12

today was good; my bargains and reading list

Today I tagged along with karasyn, her brother and mom to some garage sales and found some good ol' bargains! They ranged everywhere from an old barrel, to a waffle iron, to a shirt for my brother. I spent less than $20 and I got a ton of stuff!! Then we went to Neighborhood (one of our old haunts lol) and now I am at work, anxiously awaiting 9:00 so I can go with my college class downtown to evangelize! I am currently readig this book:

Since Nobody's Perfect, How Good Is Good Enough?

One of my co-workers, Robert, gave it to me and it is a great book if you are needing ways to witness. I am realy enjoying it. It's super short, so you can finish it in a couple of hours. I would like to pass it on when I'm done, so if there are any takers?.....

Anyway, I am spending my evening making my summer reading list, and here it is!

I wanted not only to read some fun fiction, but some classic fiction as well. I have these three classics on hold at the library right now:

1) Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

Cat’s Cradle

2) Slaughterhouse-Five also by Kurt Vonnegut

Slaughterhouse-Five

3) One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - an author from Columbia, I believe it was that we studied briefly in my college spanish classes.

One Hundred Years of Solitude

Then some books, just for fun!

4) Feed by M.T. Anderson -It's a futuristic novel that seems quite interesting!

Feed

5) Devil in the White City by Erik Larson - a non-fiction book about the serial killer at the Chicago World's Fair

The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America

6) The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel

The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God

Well, there are many more that I want to read, but for now, that's all I can handle! :) Wish me luck in finishing them all! Let me know if you have read any or recommend any others!!

Thanks for reading!
♪♫ brianna ♪♫

No comments: