background

13.3.11

i hate that feeling of depression once something grand is over...

Last night was Jeremy Larson's Album Release Show. It was a huge success (at least i thought so).





 Only a couple things went wrong. First, Stacy's mic stopped working on her last song, which was kind of awkward cause we still played the entire song, but she is such a pro. Then later, Jeremy's pedal came unattached, but it wasn't a huge deal. Other than those minor details, the show was absolutely phenominal. Celka and Keiran Ojakangas played a couple of solos. They are so stinkin' talented. They are going to be famous some day. I hope I can play with them on occasion. :) Speaking of famous, Stacy and Darren are the sweetest people, and I can't even believe they are like celebrities!!!

So now I can say I have met celebrities, but not only met them, I have PERFORMED with them!!! So in case you weren't aware.... Darren King is the drummer for the band, Mutemath. They are pretty mainstream, i guess you could say. They have at least one song on 88.3 The Wind that I've heard, and their song "Spotlight" is in the movie Twilight. Yeah, pretty famous if I do say so myself! Also, they have been featured on late night talk shows with Jay Leno, Craig Ferguson, and David Letterman. So Darren King is pretty well known and a rad drummer! Just watching him play the drums could entertain me for hours, but I guess I have always enjoyed watching drummers. Anyway, not only is he extremely talented and famous, but also he is like the sweetest guy to work with. He was very polite and constantly complimenting the orchestra. Even backstage he would just come and talk to us, and thank us for playing and everything. He said he was very impressed that there were so many talented players willing to volunteer their time for this show. Also, if you didn't know, Darren's wife, Stacy, sang with us. Stacy DuPree is in the band, Eisley.



I had never actually heard them until this show came up, but I hear they are great. I will for sure be adding them to my list of "to listen to" bands. Stacy's voice, as Celka said, is like origami. She can just fold it into whatever she wants and I really enjoy listening to her. Not only is she talented and it was amazing to hear her sing and be able to play for her, but she was also really sweet. Backstage she went around meeting everyone, asking their names and everything and about them. She thanked everyone for playing and said she was "honored" just to get to perform with us. The honor was ours. :) I have never met two people, famous or not, who were as sweet as they were, and I only hope that another chance such as this can come up again. It would be my dream.




But what am I saying?! Darren and Stacy weren't what the whole show was about!! It's Jeremy's CD that is debuting(comes out Tuesday!!!), and he was the star of the show. Well, what can I say? Jeremy's music is so beautiful!!! His voice is so amazing and the music he writes, divine. I didn't come into this project until about a month into it, but I am so glad I did it. I cannot believe that this opportunity came up. It was grand!! Jeremy is such a sweet person as well, and I am very honored to have worked with him on this project. I really hope I can do this again, because I still can't get over how amazing this whole thing was!!!!! Sorry for going on and on, but this is really something I would like to do in the future. I loved playing that genre of music so much better than classical or any other thing I have played for school orchestras. Not only that, but the atmosphere of rehearsals was so chill. We had rehearsal in Red Velvet on Sunday afternoons and we just played music. Red Velvet is Jeremy's fiance, Elsie's store for handmade/vintage cuteness. :)  Her sister Emma  runs a cute little cupcake/bubble tea shop in the store as well. Did I mention she brought us cupcakes for backstage!??!?! Anyway, to sum up, the entire experience was probably the best musical experience of my life. Not probably, for sure.










After last night, I was kinda bummed 'cause it was over. I wish I could have lived last night for about a month 'cause it was just so great to work with professionals that actually treat you like adults. Anyway, this morning I had to get up early and go to work, so to cure my post-concert depression, I decided to read the blogs of all the Red Velvet people and look up all I could find on Stacy and Darren. Well, what I came up with was a lovely recipe, by Emma, for mozarella sticks!!!! It reminded me a whole lot of the time Karasyn came to Applebee's and called string cheese, "stripping sticks." LOL!!! :D Here's the recipe, though!!!!  Anyway, I have been really killing time today, not doing a dadgum thing. I haven't even had to answer the phones. I have literally came in, turned the lights on, unlocked the doors and been surfing the internet ever since. I'm a bum, but I get paid to be a bum!!! Wooo hooo!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday, while I sit and daydream about last night :)

1 comment:

Brookely90 said...

On my way to Dayton last year I listened to Eisley's albums the whole way there and back. On repeat the whole time! So wonderful. I wish I could've met her. I am seriously impressed that you got to play with her and Darren King. That's amazing that you got that oppurtunity. There will be many more for you in the future. You are also very talented.