My parents:
Well, my parents are pretty funny people and I love them very much. :)
My mother, Sandee, is a bus driver for a nearby town. I could never do her job. She loves kids, and kids kind of get on my nerves sometimes. She always kind of wanted to be a teacher, but her parents never encouraged her to go to college. She would have been a great teacher, but she has been driving a bus for over 20 years. It's nice because she gets all major holidays off with my brother and I and summer and also, we never had to go to a daycare but for the hour she was actually on the bus. We were home with her all day. She taught me to read even before kindergarten and has put me through years of music lessons. I appreciate her support so much!!!
My dad, Larry, is a truck driver. He has only been doing it for a year, and the last year has been pretty trying for our family. My dad also has a degree in automotive technology and is my personal mechanic :) He is also my movie buddy. Although I don't get to see my dad a lot, his times home are very nice. Growing up he was always the discplinary parent and although it seemed horendous at the time, I am very greatful for my parents discipline because looking at other young children I know, I am glad my parents never let me act that disrespectful or rude.
Some joke that if my mom's a bus driver and my dad's a truck driver, that since i work at a funeral home, i will be a hearse driver!! We have now affirmed that will never happen because i am like 156% sure they will never allow me to get in the hearse let alone drive it, because I wrecked our work van a couple of weeks ago. It's getting fixed, but i won't ever drive it again!
Well, I must get on to my next day to be all caught up!
No comments:
Post a Comment