background

7.8.11

house sitting, a cake wreck and a car; the rant of a wretched week.

So I have been house sitting for my high school orchestra teacher, Mrs. Fent, and let me tell you. It has been quite irksome. I can't believe how dirty and cluttered it is, but the house is nothing. It's actually a really really neat house! It's old and super cute! BUT. . . it's like a freakin' zoo! There are 3 cats in the basement, 2 in the laundry room, one that roams the house, a koi pond outside, a bird and a stinkin', old dog!! The poor dog is old and can't hear or see out of its right eye, but it has already pooped in the house twice! And the amazing part?! The floors are hardwood and ceramic tile and she doesn't have a mop!!! Ugh! It was the nastiest thing of my life! Then there is this cat that roams the house. I don't get it. I am a cat person. I have two cats of my own, and while my poor cat Otis sits missing me at my own house, I am being attacked by Hateful Harriet. All I have to do is simply walk in the same room as her and she starts hissing at me. After a whole week, she still won't let me pet her! Not to mention she has an uncanny resemblance to Mrs. Norris in the Harry Potter movies!


this is a pretty poopy picture, cause she won't stop long enough for me to take a picture of her.

So they are supposed to be back from their trip on Wednesday, so needless to say, I can't wait until then!

In other news, I tried to make a white cake with a can of Sprite, and it failed miserably! The cake batter was super thick and then the cake, although tasting like moist white cake, has the texture of a spongy bread. I still like it, but my Dad wasn't happy that I ruined his cake. Oh well! ;)

I am still looking for a car, but I think I found one. Everyone is going to think I am a complete lunatic, though. The one I want to buy is a White 2005 Chevy Classic, which in essence is the exact same car as what I have, but 6 years newer and 144,000 miles less than mine. The interior is slightly different, but it looks just like mine. I love it though!! Not to mention I need a new car and fast. First of all, my car desperately needs antifreeze, and I thought my dad had done it yesterday, but it almost overheated, which means that he ignored me or something when I asked. So during my "lunch break" which consisted of me going to Lisa's to let the wretched dog out, I got stuck by a train and since my car was overheating and I'm almost out of gas, I just turned it off and rolled the windows down. The problem came when I tried to start it up again. IT WOULDN'T START!!! Talk about scared! Anywho, my dad and I are going car shopping tomorrow. Hopefully we will be successful!

Tonight, Karasyn and I are hanging out! I feel like we haven't seen each other in forever, cause I have had to work every Wednesday this month. So I have that to look forward to and my rainboots should be coming in soon!!!! YAY!

Hope you all have a lovely back to school season! More on that later!
♪♫ brianna ♪♫


No comments: