WARNING: This will be a long post, because I haven't posted a lot in a while.
This week has been filled with organizing, cleaning and FUN! Yesterday a bunch of us ladies went to the Spring Creek Tea Room in Ozark and then the Ozark Goodwill and then TARGET!! We spent all afternoon shopping and having a lovely time before I had to feed Mrs. Fent's cats and go to church.
I only made two purchases yesterday, both at Target. I bought these two pairs of shoes. Finally. I never find cute shoes and so i broke down and bought some cute ones I can wear for spring. The first pair, which are just some simple navy blue canvas shoes were only $9 and then the cute sandals were $13. I am just glad that I have some cute shoes now. I need to work on getting a bigger shoe wardrobe lol :)
So, after my lovely day of shopping, I went to church around 5 cause the college praise band was playing for the youth service as well cause most of the youth are on a ski trip right now. So we played worship and then all four of us decided to grab some dinner/snackage, but we couldn't decide. Finally after Dustin joking that we all fought like a married couple, we decided on Taco Bell. It was kind of funny because it was the first time that I really felt like we were all in sync with each other and an actual band. I really enjoy being a part of them, or I guess us. We had a grand time eating tacos and then went to McAlister's to get some tea. After running home to grab my Bible and an extra on for Drew, we played our second round of worship and it was so awesome. I have struggled a lot with not being able to actually worship when I'm playing when I guess I should be able to worship more cause I'm not only worshiping the Lord with my playing, but also my singing. It was the first time I actually felt like I was worshiping and not just allowing others to worship.
I have got stuck in a stinkin' rut again. I hate this. I am in a routine of just going to church and going through the motions and not actually growing. I hate it. I want to grow. I want to become mature in Christ. This is exactly what Brother Paul preached on last night (as i mentioned before, the youth were in Colorado, therefore Jared was too). Being immature Christians. Granted I don't get mad about stupid things and church-hop, but I just settle for going to church. I struggle with making God my first priority. I don't always study my Bible like I should, 'cause I'm too tired or I have too much homework or I get to hang out with my friends. I feel like I sometimes I don't go to church to get closer to God and the Word, but just to socialize because I do have such great friends there. I am so so so so so so thankful for all the wonderful people at Broadway, but it's time I started getting in the Word and praying more. Praying unceasingly. I want to desire to know God better. Know His plan for me. I want that fire in my heart again. I want revival in my life. I know for a fact that I am not the only one who needs this. I pray that every other person out there who doesn't even know that's what they need in their life, will realize this and want it as bad as I do. I pray we can come together and hold each other accountable for this. I have spent too long analyzing every other person's life thinking they need this and they need that. I am only going to worry about myself for now and then follow God's plan on helping others. I pray that I realize how little the things of this life mean. They are nothing. I am going to focus on the eternal things. The message last night really spoke to me and I am so excited about what God has planned for me, if I will only listen.
I am really excited for Bible study tonight. Until then, I must get ready (yes, I know it's 2 o'clock, but I have to do laundry before I can get dressed. Don't judge me!) and I think today I'm going to paint my nails and straighten my hair.
In the next week I want to post a really fun blog about my Favorite Thrift Stops!!
Thanks for reading and have a good week!!
1 comment:
I have those shoes!
they are great.
Post a Comment