background

5.1.11

Three reasons to avoid setting New Years Resolutions

The past few days, people have flooded to the gym, ordered salads at restaurants and bought excercise equipment, but for many of us,  New Years Resolutions are an INCREDIBLE waste of time. Mostly because we know that in two weeks we are going to backslide, but for a lot of people New Years Resolutions are ineffective anyway. Here are my three reasons that I will NOT be making a New Years Resolution this January:


First.  I made my resolution on December 1, therefore giving myself a month head start on the whole thing. There are a couple of advantages to doing this. If you start on December 1 by the new year you have already past your slump and therefore will be more successful in the new year. Also, if you can survive the holidays with your new resolution, you can certainly do it for a year!

Second. The second reason I will not be making a resolution is because making a resolution implies that you are not happy with yourself and that is certainly no way to enter the new year. I know that they are supposed to "better yourself", but saying that you want to change and that you are not happy with the way you are now gives the devil a foothold to make you backslide in your resolution.

Third.  Lastly, I am not going to give in to society. I don't know where this whole new years resolution thing started, but why do we have to on January 1st? Why does it have to be a new year to make a new you? I did notice someone saying that the gym would be busy for a couple of months. I rather like starting my resolutions on December 1st, actually and I am not doing new years resolutions anymore.

Well, in case you didn't know, my resolution was to quit drinking soda. I made only two exceptions which was the holiday (Christmas) and our vacation, which I only drank one Diet Coke. I have done pretty good and I think starting early was really effective! Yay! So, I wish you all the best of luck with your resolutions and I commend those of you who started resolutions that did not have to do with appearance, such as losing weight, but yet soul searching ones.

well, tonight is church and i must go get ready for it!

No comments: