background

4.12.11

catching up! ( thankfulness // people, thoughts on reading and other random things!)

So the day after Thanksgiving I kind of forgot to finish my thankfulness post. So, since I know that so many people lost sleep over I will finally post it!! So here goes:

~ My mom/dad/family/etc. ~ I am so thankful for my supportive family. They love me even on my worst days and they are always there for me. I couldn't ask for a better family.

~My bestest friend, Karasyn ~ Well, Karasyn and I have been throught a lot the past couple of years, not in a bad way, in a very good and fun way! We have done so many fun things together and always made it a priority to hang out and stay in touch! Even though we are both busy with school and work and life, we see each other a lot and hang out. We don't get upset at each other if we can't hang because of homework and school and that is awesome, because it is already hard enough to balance a social life with school life. I am so thankful to have my best friend. Someone who I can tell everything to and who most often we don't even need words to convey to each other what we're thinking. Somehow we always know! :)

~ My church family! ~ I am so thankful that I have found a church where I have so many great friends that are dedicated to the Lord and won't lead me in the wrong direction. We have a great time together worshipping God and hanging out. It is just great!

Well, I had a big long list in my head, but since it's been such a long week, I can't remember, so I will proceed to the next order of business, the thing that has been on my mind for the past few days. Reading.

Have you ever read a book series and then when it's over you desperately want it to continue, even maybe have some sort of depression thing going on? I totally did that last week with the Hunger Games trilogy.

 

 If you haven't read these books you better do it NOW!!! Anyway, this post isn't about the Hunger Games necessarily, it's about reading in general. I do this every time I read a new series. You get so invested mentally and emotionally becoming the characters in the book that when you are done and it's over you have this withdrawal. Like an addiction you have to have things to quench your cravings, you can't just come off of it cold turkey. This is why reading is so much better than watching movies. A movie you can watch in like 2 hours and after that, it's over. You watch the plot happen. It happens quickly. Then it's over. When you read? Oh my, you read and read for hours and hours and then, especially when the book is written in first person, you become the character. You think like the character, you feel the things the character feels. It is just so real. I hate movies compared to books, but because you are so addicted you have to see them. You need that extra piece of the story. Someone's creation of what the characters look like. In some ways movies enhance books because they add that extra element of pictures to the plot. You don't have to use your imagination, but in the same way, movies ruin the books, because now, what once was open to interpretation to the reader is now at the mercy of the producers. I don't know, maybe I'm overanalyzing this, but it's just something I have wanted to discuss, and if you know my mom, there is no way she would discuss this. She hates reading.

On a completely unrelated topic, I am quite sick of my non-existent love life. Things like this happen very frequently with me, and I am tired of it. Just give up? Yeah, I will try. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week preparing for finals and such!

♪♫ brianna ♪♫

No comments: