background

12.8.11

textbook buy back? I think yes!

So, at this point in time, I am trying to raise funds to pay for the sales tax on my new car, which is around the $400 region. I have 30 days from the date of purchase to pay this, which will be about 26 days now. As anyone that is remotely aquainted with me will know, I am terrible at saving. Terrible. So, in order to get a few extra bucks I thought about selling my text books from last year. Initially I was going to save the for future reference, but I thought, hey, I need money. Well, I tried online and they were going to give me $91 dollars at Text Bucks for my books. Cool! That's almost a fourth of what I need! So I went over to sell them and one book they wouldn't take cause it had water damage and writing in pen (understandable) and another book had water damage. Well they were both pretty expensive books. The latter, a hardback, is in actually good condition. I was surpised they wouldn't take it, because the "liquid damage" doesn't affect the text in any way. Oh well. I might try to sell it online. So now I am $45 short of the savings I was going to have. Poop.

So, I have a ton to do on Monday to get ready for school to start. First, I have to get a new parking permit sticker for my new car!!! :)

Today, Karasyn and I are going to some of our usual haunts, Neighborhood and Red Velvet and then continuing our HP marathon!! After that? I have laundry :( and 4 hours worth of Days of Our Lives to catch up on!

Good luck book shopping this fall!
♪♫ brianna ♪♫

No comments: