background

9.5.11

music monday.

For my first music monday post, I'm going to be talking about the most wonderful musical experience of my life! First off, if you didn't already know this, I play the violin. And normally I just play in orchestra. That's it. I play boring old classical music that's usually hard and I have no motivation/intentions of practicing ever... BUT, once upon a time, when I was a freshman at Drury, a Drury alumn messaged me about playing in a concert with a guy named Jeremy Larson. She had asked my orchestra director who would be good for the job and apparently he suggested I did, but my mom (who is like saftey nazi of the century) said, "you should probably check this out before you reply, 'cause it could be some sort of scam." Well, I kinda forgot about it, until one day I was surfing the internet reading this lovely lady's blog, when it dawned on me, that I actually had heard of this guy before, and it was Elsie's fiance!!! Well, Red Velvet being my favorite store ever, I of course wanted to get my hands on anything related to that! So I messaged this Mr. Larson and met up, with many failed attempts because of wretched Missouri snow storms, and voila! I was in the band!! I never knew that orchestra could be soo much fun!! It was great to play music with other musicians who enjoyed orchestra. It probably helped that we had these Sunday afternoon rehearsals in Red Velvet! The cutest store in all the world!!!


Well, March rolled around and we had this most amazing show at the Gilloiz Theater in downtown Springfield, and it was actually a huge success!!!Also, the show featured Stacy DuPree of Eisley and Darren King of MUTEMATH. They are super sweet people and extremely talented as well. It was just so flipping amazing to even share a stage with them!!!!




 Jeremy had it recorded for a live DVD as well, and that brings me to today. Last night, Jeremy rented out the Moxie Cinema for a private viewing of the DVD and it was beautiful!!!! I can't begin to describe it! The music was gorgeous and the videography superb! Totally legit and professional! Looking back, I just can't even believe I was a part of such an awesome experience and I have made some really good friends through this as well. I would love to share footage of the DVD for a visual aid, but unfortunately it's not officially done and I wouldn't have permission to do it anyway. But I could tell you where you can get your hands on your very own copy!!(I'll let you know on another music monday when I find out!)

At this point I will leave you with the lovely notion to listen to some of his music here and then once you discover how amazing it is, go to iTunes and purchase some!!! I did, and I sure didn't regret it!!!! :)

The album is called They Reappear by Jeremy Larson



♪♫ brianna ♪♫

No comments: